Mrs. Hadrian's Crab Cakes
A best crab cakes recipe to try !
Best Crab Cakes Ingredients
1. 1/4 cup mayonnaise
2. 1/4 cup minced onion
3. 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4. 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
5. 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
6. 1/4 teaspoon salt
7. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8. 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
9. 1 cup finely crushed soda crackers
10. 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
11. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
12. Lemon wedges, for serving
Best Crab Cakes Instructions
1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt and cayenne. Fold in the crabmeat and 1/4 cup of the cracker crumbs. Shape the mixture into 16 cakes about 1 inch thick. Coat the crab cakes with the remaining cracker crumbs and transfer to a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
2. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the foam subsides, add half of the crab cakes and cook over moderate heat until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain the crab cakes on paper towels, then keep warm in a low oven. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the remaining crab cakes. The best crab cakes recipe is ready to serve with lemon wedges....enjoy it !