ATLANTA CRAB CAKES
Best Crab Cakes Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups soft, white bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat, picked clean of all shells, see *Cook’s Note
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Tartar sauce, for serving, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine cayenne, white pepper, salt, dry mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and eggs in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Place crabmeat in another large bowl and gently fold egg mixture into crabmeat, being careful not to break up large crab pieces. Shape into 4 crab cakes.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes, in batches if necessary, and cook until lightly browned, approximately 1 minute on each side.
5. Transfer crab cakes to a sheet pan (or place skillet in oven if oven-safe) and finish cooking the crab cakes in the oven until heated through. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce, if desired.
6. If removing fresh cooked crabmeat from shells, be careful not to break large crabmeat nuggets.